Monday, March 15, 2010

Not all Created Equal...

I have been a little spoiled with haircuts for the boys. I get teased when I gush about a "great" boys haircut, but today I have be taught in a painful lesson "Not All Boys Haircut's are Created Equally"
With Matt's Spring break he have to get out of town while we can. So we are going to visit friends in Virginia and tour DC. The boys were looking a little shaggy and had bed head more often than not. My Mother-in-law, who cuts there hair in not coming into town until Easter and that is way too far away. Lance made the comment that his and Jack's hair had grown so long that people were going to think they were girls!
There is a place in Scarsdale (20 min away) that charges $20 but it is not open today and I have so much to do. A place around the corner charges $28 and one charges $30, but come on these are little kid heads! So the boys and I went on an adventure to find a "Family Barber".
When I had lost all hope and had melting ice cream in the trunk, I drove past a sign that said "We specialize in children, teens and elderly". I did I u-turn and ran in (since I had to pick up Claire in 45 min)
I should have picked up on the Mexican music or that the pictures on the wall were all of Hispanic kid's haircuts. But he was only charging me $12 each and I had a time line.

It should have also been a clue when the guy that was cutting Jack's hair used the clippers to cut his bangs! But at that point what do you say?! Do I grab my kids and run knowing that they are going to have to wear a hat for 3 weeks?! So now we have the cutest little blonde boys...with Mexican haircuts. $20 each is looking pretty good right now.


With a hand full of gel, the boys look a little more like themselves...Handsome none the less. It is a good thing that Matt gets home when they are in bed.


4 comments: